On November 12, 2020, at the meeting of the Minsk City Executive Committee, amendments were made to Decision No. 1069 of 07.04.2020, which approved the Action Plan for the prevention and reduction of the spread of acute respiratory infections, including those caused by COVID-19, in Minsk:
- A mask regime for employees and visitors of all public facilities without exception
- The mask regime works in public transport and taxis
- Outdoor mask wear is not required yet
- The measure is temporary, until the epidemiological situation is stabilized
Currently, administrative liability is provided for the heads of the relevant organizations, while the issue of introducing personal liability for not using masks in public places is being worked out.
The mask regime has also been introduced in other cities and regions of Belarus, for example, in Mogilev, Novopolotsk, Bobruisk, Polotsk region, etc.
Other current measures in Belarus that businesses should consider include:
- self-isolation for certain categories of people
- duty-free import of goods into the EAEU, intended to combat COVID-19, provided:
- registration of goods declarations for placing them under the customs procedure for release for domestic consumption between 01.10.2020 and 31.03.2021
- confirmed submission of the intended purpose of imported goods to the customs authorities of the EAEU member states,
- state regulation of prices for socially significant goods sold in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, until 31.12.2020
- measures to support business, approved by Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 143 dated 24.04.2020
- recommendations for the prevention of COVID-19 in organizations approved by the Ministry of Health of Belarus
- other measures taken for organizations of all forms of ownership in Minsk
The experts of SCHNEIDER GROUP’s Minsk office will be happy to provide you with professional support on various issues caused by the current epidemiological situation by providing interim management services, advice in the field of migration and labor legislation, taking into account the measures taken to prevent and reduce the spread of COVID-19, and using their experience and competencies for the growth of your business.