Internal Audit in Kazakhstan
Internal audits are becoming more necessary, not only for large companies but also for middle-sized business as regulations become more complex. Routinely conducted internal audits are not only a positive signal for potential business partners but also an effective instrument for the company’s owners and management to enable them to improve the company. In conducting an internal audit, our experts assess whether the company’s internal control system works properly or whether it needs to be improved. They also outline the ways to achieve those improvements. We evaluate the internal control system for information accuracy, compliance with the current legislation, valuation of assets, measuring the effectiveness and results of separate operational units. Through our internal audit we offer the following services:
- A check of statutory and tax accounting to identify issues and define possible risks for the company.
- A check of management reports prepared by the accounting department of your company.
- Accompanying internal audit, conducted in your daughter company or representative office.
- Consulting on the company’s inventory of property, and direct participation if required.
- Set up of internal control systems and adaption of the head office’s or the parent company’s control procedures in accordance with the standards of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Poland, and Germany.
Financial and Tax Due Diligence in Kazakhstan
Characteristics of Due Diligence in Kazakhstan
Are you planning to acquire a company in Kazakhstan? Besides economic and legal due diligence, financial and tax due diligence have special importance in Kazakhstan. Sellers normally do not accept bearing tax risks resulting from past activities. Therefore, the legal certainty is low, and the Kazakh tax authorities argue from time to time without a real legal basis.
Our Due Diligence Services
We help you clarify the financial and tax situation of the acquisition target in Kazakhstan by conducting financial and/or tax due diligence.
- Full-scope Due Diligence
- Overall analysis of functioning and financial situation of the targeted entity
- Analysis of risks with relevant recommendations for mitigation
- Explanations of the most critical issues to the Client
- Providing assistance to the Client at meetings and negotiations during the acquisition process
- Limited scope Due Diligence
- Accounting check of the financial statements under review
- Identification and explanations of the most critical issues to the Client