On October 5, 2017, SCHNEIDER GROUP held a Morning Tea event on the topic of “Pharma in Russia – How to face tax, legal & IT challenges?”.
We had lively discussions about the industry specific VAT issues related to certification requirements, customs issues, localization experiences, including SPIC, serialization issues and required investment into infrastructure. We also shared understanding of how to address these issues. It was good to hear views from different angles, as legal, accounting, finance and business development experts shared their concerns over such topics.
All participants agreed that it will be good to meet regularly for industry specific discussions and experience sharing. Among potential next topics could be legal, tax, accounting or IT issues / solutions we can propose regarding:
- relations between manufacturers and distributors: supply conditions for compensations and bonuses, discounts etc.
- supplies under statutory programs for socially important medicine supplies
- regulations (and limitations) for events sponsorship, public promotions, media promotions, etc.
- balance between compliance and marketing efforts at the customer contact points – retail stores, drugstores, clinics, etc.
- export from Russia to the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union and European Union as a next step after localization
We are looking forward to receiving feedback from participants, including next topic suggestions, in order to organize the next event with a specific agenda.
Click on the button below to access the presentation about ‘Pharma in Russia – How to face tax, legal & IT challenges?’.